Care for Wild envisions a future where viable, free-ranging populations of black and white rhinos thrive within protected, vibrant ecosystems. We strive for a sustainable development model that empowers and involves rural communities at the core of conservation efforts, ensuring the preservation of endangered species and the overall biodiversity of our planet.
Our mission is rooted in a holistic approach to conservation, encompassing the preservation of the rhino species and the protection of biodiversity. To achieve this, we are committed to a set of fundamental pillars that guide our work:
- Rapid Rescue: We work collaboratively with other organisations to swiftly respond to rhinos and other endangered wildlife in life-threatening situations.
- Thorough Rehabilitation: We provide comprehensive and thorough rehabilitation programs, that address the physical and psychological needs of rescued rhinos and wildlife preparing them for a successful return to the wild.
- Successful Rewilding and Release: We reintroduce rehabilitated rhinos and other wildlife into healthy ecosystems, facilitating their gradual acclimatization and enabling them to thrive in their natural habitats.
- Proper Protection: We implement a sophisticated and multidimensional security strategy to safeguard rhinos and their ecosystems, employing advanced monitoring techniques, technologies and anti-poaching strategies.
- Community Involvement: We partner with and empower local communities, fostering a sense of stewardship and ownership in sustainable conservation practices.
- Sustainability: We embrace sustainable practices and promote environmental stewardship, recognizing the interdependence between human well-being and the health of ecosystems.
- By the Grace of God: We acknowledge the divine grace that guides and inspires our work, humbly recognising the importance of our collective efforts in the conservation of rhinos and the preservation of the natural world.